The student news site of Escambia County High School

EsCoHi

Homework at ECHS

Homework is common at ECHS. A lot of teachers give out homework, sometimes 5 days a week. A lot of students do not do it for a number of reasons.

1. They think it will not count for much– Students think homework will not count for much, thus they will not do it. But the truth about homework is, it counts for more of their grade than they think. Homework is 40% of a student’s overall grade. Accumulated over time, and that could drop your grade from an 85 to a 50 in no time.
  2. They do not know how to do it– Some students say they do not know how to do the assignment they are given. They say that they did not understand how it works. If students do not know how to do the assignment, they could ask a friend or they could’ve told the teacher that they did not understand and gotten extra help.
  3. Students forgot to do it– It is often to forget you even had homework because you do not want to do it. If you do not want to do it, then you are less likely to remember.
  4. Students do not see why they have to do homework- Some students do not see why they have to do homework. Some may know how to do the assignment already in class and do not want to do it for homework.
  5. They don’t get around to doing it- Some students are able to complete their homework, but do not get around to doing it. Some students have extracurricular activities that they have to participate in and do not have the time to do their homework.
  6. Some are overwhelmed with homework assignments- Odds are that some students have homework for more than just one class. Homework for multiple classes can be really stressful at times, and trust me I know.

No one may like to do homework but it is very important to know how to do the assignment and homework can help with that. I do not like homework either but I do it because it helps me to understand the lesson a little better and get through the class with a decent grade. Long story short, DO YOUR HOMEWORK.